I have closed the short coffee position for a loss of around 1/3 of a risk unit. The market spiked up this morning — that wasn’t supposed to happen if it was forming a triangle. I shorted this on the basis that buying was unlikely to pick up and the price was only holding up because selling was abating. I think I should have waited for some evidence of rising selling before doing the trade.

Advertisements